The PMA Members are a group of industry leaders that adhere to integrity-focused business practices. The PMA’s responsibility and focus is to set and uphold the benchmark of accepted standards, practices, and procedures within the precious metals industry and to protect and promote the integrity of a valuable industry. Standards for retail Members include ethics, compliance, education, customer complaint resolution, and best business practices. Members in the retail space of the industry provide training and support to their staff to establish and maintain these standards in their daily business practices. Membership in the PMA sets those companies apart and provides a platform to encourage all industry participants to do the same, providing an essential standard for the industry.
This distinction provides an essential standard for the industry.
All PMA retail Members agree to follow the PMA’s 10 Expectations.
The 10 Primary Expectations for PMA retail Members
1) Each retail Member will have a designated compliance officer.
2) Each retail Member will undergo an annual compliance audit.
3) Each retail Member will have a designated customer complaint response person.
4) Each retail Member will contribute human resources to at least one PMA committee.
5) No retail Member will misrepresent its mark up or spread.
6) No retail Member will engage in mark up or spread gouging.
7) Each retail Member will comply with state telemarketing registration mandates.
8) Each retail Member will comply with state sales tax mandates.
9) Retail Member’s staff will not degrade other members to customers or others.
10) Each retail Member’s staff will undergo compliance training at least once a year.